Shhhhhh, we have taken a stroll down to the GrowthPanels library. We headed straight to the ‘digital marketing’ section and took out all the must-read books about the affiliate marketing industry.
Did you really think we became top-notch marketing world gurus without doing a little bit of reading? Ha, think again.
In this blog, we have compiled a reading list of the best affiliate business books around. Whether you're flipping through physical pages, swiping on a Kindle, or tuning in to an audiobook, these titles will equip you with the fundamentals of affiliate marketing.
9 of the best affiliate marketing books
So, here it is: our curated list of the finest books available for both business owners and affiliates. Come with us as we delve into the content of these titles, uncovering the reasons that they deserve a spot on your wishlist.
1. The Complete Guide to Affiliate Marketing on the Web: How to Use and Profit from Affiliate Marketing Programs
Written by Bruce C. Brown
Did you know that affiliate marketing is responsible for 16% of all e-commerce sales? You do now, and we can practically see you salivating for a piece of that action.
This remarkable book is aimed at business owners who want to harness the power of affiliate marketing to drive traffic and sales toward their online business. With a little bit of investment and a few hours of your time, Brown is determined to help you achieve tangible results fast.
The main draw of this book is the in-depth examination of the six steps to a successful affiliate marketing campaign, which are:
- Keyword research
- Affiliate marketing programs and software
- Copywriting and editing
- Setup and implementation
- Return on investment
- Reporting and avoiding pay-per-click scams
In addition, Brown has interviewed countless successful affiliate marketers about their must-know secrets and essential tricks of the trade. Their answers can be found within this book, which is full to the brim with insider knowledge and surefire affiliate marketing strategies.
It is estimated that 69% of affiliates use search engine optimization (SEO) to attract more visitors to their websites. Brown also realizes the importance of this crucial marketing strategy and shares his most effective tips and tricks to optimize your website to receive even more traffic.
Does Brown’s strategy work? Check out the countless case studies featured within the book, showcasing brands that have applied his methods and reached new levels of success.
2. Performance Partnerships: The Checkered Past, Changing Present, and Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing
Written by Robert Glazer
Robert Glazer is the founder and chairman of Acceleration Partners, a renowned leader in the affiliate marketing industry that has revolutionized client acquisition and retention.
With a wealth of experience and an endless list of accolades, it is undeniable that Glazer understands the ins and outs of the affiliate business. His impressive reputation makes him a voice worth hearing, and fortunately for us, he has shared his knowledge in a book.
Performance Partnerships is Glazer’s attempt to produce a book that examines the industry seriously rather than solely focusing on how to make money fast.
Throughout the title, he explores the three distinct generations of affiliate marketing history, which are:
- Generation One: This represents the start of the affiliate marketing industry, which Glazer describes as ‘the Wild West’ where marketers used dishonest methods to make as much money as possible.
- Generation Two: In this era, merchants and affiliates tried to find more effective means to conduct business. This involved recognizing the limiting nature of affiliate networks and attempting to separate the tools used by marketers from these institutions.
- Generation Three: This era sees the emergence of performance partnerships, where rewards are tied to specific metrics or actions.
3. Affiliate Marketing: Launch a Six Figure Business with Clickbank Products, Affiliate Links, Amazon Affiliate Program, and Internet Marketing (Online Business)
Written by Noah Gray
If you want to join this bustling crowd of entrepreneurs who are raking in the cash, then look no further than Gray’s comprehensive guide to monetizing affiliate marketing.
This book is aimed at marketers wanting to kickstart their affiliate marketing career without any prior knowledge of the industry. It is a fantastic starting point that covers all the basics of affiliate marketing, including:
- How affiliate marketing works
- Who is involved in the referral process
- How to receive payment
- List of profitable niches
- How to attract more traffic to your affiliate site
- An overview of affiliate networks
- How to optimize your campaign for more conversions
- List of disastrous mistakes to avoid
- Types of affiliate marketing available to use
- How to use ClickBank products and Amazon’s affiliate program
4. Affiliate Marketing: Proven Step-by-Step Guide To Make Passive Income With Affiliate Marketing
Written by Mark Smith
Tell me if this sounds familiar: a manager is talking about a new project and, out of nowhere, uses a term that no one in the office has heard of.
The affiliate business is full of mystery words and acronyms that have technical definitions, which can leave newbies feeling a little bit baffled. These include:
- Deep linking
- PPC (Pay per click)
- Affiliate link
- CLV (Customer lifetime value)
- EPC (Earnings per click)
- Affiliate network
Let's be honest, without any prior knowledge, discussing this topic can feel like speaking a completely alien language. What we need is a translator, and thankfully, Smith’s book has an entire section devoted to deciphering the baffling terminology of affiliate marketing.
This book is geared towards those wanting to kickstart their affiliate marketing journey and offers an in-depth beginner’s guide that covers:
- What is affiliate marketing
- How affiliate marketing works
- Common terminology
- The importance of a blog and website
- Top affiliate networks
- The best affiliate marketing strategies
- Scams and fraud
- How to succeed without a website
5. Affiliate Program Management: An Hour a Day
Written by Evgenii Prussakov
If your brand doesn't have an affiliate marketing program, you might find yourself feeling like the odd one out. This is especially true when you consider that 80% of brands currently have some form of program.
It is your time to jump on the bandwagon, and Prussakov’s title is the ideal tutorial to follow to launch a successful affiliate marketing program.
She advises that three core audiences that will benefit from this book, which are:
- Business owners who own an online business or whose brand wants to branch out onto the web.
- Marketing professionals that work for a company that is interested in the digital space.
- Affiliate program managers who will find a lot of useful tips and tricks on running a successful program.
Her comprehensive step-by-step guide sets a one-hour task every day for ten weeks. Check out the breakdown below for an in-depth look at the content of this remarkable book.
Whilst this incredibly valuable how-to guide takes up the bulk of this book, there are a few other beneficial sections to mention:
- Understanding affiliate marketing: This introduction outlines the basics of affiliate marketing including, terminology, marketing channels, payment, budgeting, and types of affiliates.
- Deadliest mistakes: This section breaks down the most disastrous mistakes made by merchants and affiliate managers.
- Affiliate program promotion ideas: These pages are devoted to creative and innovative techniques to raise awareness for your program.
6. Affiliate Marketing: The Beginner’s Step-by-Step Guide To Making Money Online With Affiliate Marketing
Written by Kevin Ulaner
Have you ever felt that your life is stuck in a cycle, reliving the same routine day in and day out? Working a typical nine-to-five job can truly feel like you are reenacting the plot of Groundhog Day, desperately trying to escape from the monotony.
Kevin Ulaner believes that affiliate marketing is the best method to break this cycle, and he is offering a fantastic beginner’s guide to help you achieve this.
Ulaner believes that this type of digital marketing has countless benefits, including:
- Increasing your monthly income by a few thousand dollars
- Allowing you to spend more time with your loved ones
- Focusing on what you are passionate about
- Providing you with the freedom to work from wherever you want.
This fantastic title provides readers with all the knowledge and strategies needed to start a thriving affiliate business from scratch, including:
- Definition of affiliate marketing
- Benefits of becoming an affiliate
- Common mistakes and errors
- The fundamentals of affiliate marketing
- How to get started on your journey
7. Affiliate Marketing Secrets- How to Start a Profitable Affiliate Marketing Business and Generate Passive Income Online, Even as a Complete Beginner
Written by Chandler Wright
Can you hear that rustling noise? That is the sound of another one of Chandler Wright’s readers earning $10,000 a month in affiliate marketing.
Wright has now set his targets on you and wants to transform you into his next success story. This complete guide will take you through the step-by-step process of establishing an affiliate business and turning it into a money-making machine.
The title is divided into nine must-read sections, including:
- What is affiliate marketing?
- The benefits of being an affiliate
- The most effective marketing channels
- How to get started in affiliate marketing
- Examples of affiliate marketing
- How to make $10,000 as an affiliate
- Tips to becoming a successful affiliate
- Top marketing trends of 2019
- Important tools for affiliates
This fantastic book also comes with two free cheat sheets that readers can have instant access to, which are called:
- The fastest way to make money with affiliate marketing
- Top 10 affiliate offers to promote
8. Affiliate Marketing For Dummies
The classic ‘For Dummies’ line started in 1991 and has since had over 1,600 titles released in the series. Some notable (weird and unusual) highlights include:
- Baby Massage for Dummies
- Elvis for Dummies
- Building Beehives for Dummies
- String Theory for Dummies
- Migraines for Dummies
- Cosmetic Surgery for Dummies
Now, we wouldn't want a doctor who read a book titled ‘Cosmetic Surgery for Dummies’ to perform complex surgeries on us. However, it is undeniable that this line of books has taught millions of individuals complex topics in a simple and understandable format.
Don’t let the title fool you; this book is not ‘for dummies’. But rather, it is for influencers and bloggers who want to turn their interests into a full-time business.
This title covers a lot of different important topics that other book subjects often neglect, including:
- Social media marketing
- SEO strategies
- Niche marketing
- Keyword research
- Affiliate product selection
- Legal considerations
- Creating high-quality content
- Best free and paid tools for affiliate marketers
9. From Nothing: Everything You Need to Profit from Affiliate Marketing, Internet Marketing, Blogging, Online Business, e-Commerce and More… Starting With <$100
Written by Ian Pribyl
Affiliate marketing can sometimes be a dangerous game, with countless scams and fraudulent schemes attempting to lure in naive marketers who want to make money fast. There is an army of scammers masquerading as ‘experts’ who claim to be able to make you a fortune but deliver nothing.
In retaliation, Ian Pribyl has written this comprehensive and affordable book that details how to start an affiliate business with less than $100 investment.
This down-to-earth and often humorous title covers the following essential topics:
- Mindset training
- Picking the perfect niche
- Building your website
- Keyword research
- Writing high-quality content
- Promoting your website
- How to make money
The book also has a companion affiliate marketing course called: First Time Internet Marketing Profits (FIMP). This does come at an additional cost but delivers:
- 10 modules with over 65 video tutorials (15 hours worth of content)
- ‘Building a Site From Scratch’ case study
- Facebook community of entrepreneurs
- Transcripts of each video
- New content and videos for free
- One additional account
Use every trick in these books
Well, we think you may have just found your reading list for the coming months. It’s time to put on your reading glasses and start implementing all the wonderful tips and tricks found inside these books in your business.
But hey, remember that books are just the tip of the iceberg. There's a whole buffet of knowledge out there, including:
- YouTube tutorials
- Guidance from affiliate managers
- Online courses
But if you are on the lookout for the ultimate resource, be sure to keep an eye on the GrowthPanel blog. It is full of the latest must-know info, tips, and tricks in the world of affiliate marketing.